Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Update

Last Thursday I went in for my 2nd operation since Mason has been born. The doctor went in thinking that she would be fixing the tear in my uterus but, like everything else since the birth, it got a little more complicated. While they didn't find a tear, they did find a rather large mass on my uterus which they removed along with one of my fallopian tubes that had healed incorrectly. They sent the mass off to a pathologist for testing and that ended up being an interesting find. I was in so much pain yesterday at the doctor that I really didn't grasp everything that she was telling me but from what I remember, the mass was caused by an infection of my abdominal cavity. The infection itself was caused by some leaking of amniotic fluid before/during/ or after Masons birth. So with that said, we are on another round of antibiotics and hoping this will be the end. From what I can tell is I get better with the antibiotics and then when I'm finished with the medication the infection flares up again. We are hoping to control it this time because my next option is a hysterectomy and I DO NOT want another surgery. Only time will tell what goes on from here. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes from everyone. I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment