Wednesday, March 10, 2010

It Might be the Hormones But........

As I sit here listening to my sweet girls playing nicely in the other room and my son in his swing sleeping peacefully, I cannot help but get a little teary-eyed. How in the world did I get so lucky??

A little backstory. When I was younger, I honestly never thought I would get married. I had several very awkward teenage years and was never really comfortable in my own skin. After I stopped dancing my sophomore year I gained a lot of weight (or what I thought was a lot of weight) and began to dislike my self and the way I looked. I only had one real boyfriend and even that only lasted 6 months. I went through depression which I hid very very well but didn't deal with it in a healthy manner. Moving forward several years, I meet Ryan, again. Honestly, when I saw him at my sisters wedding I thought he was adorable but didn't think he would have anything to do with me. You see, I've known Ryan since I was in 5th grade. He was 2 grades above me so more than likely never thought anything of me except of me being his best friends girlfriends sister (did you get all that!). Little did I know that a week after my sisters wedding he asked her husband if I was available. Most of you know the story from here.

My point in sharing this sad part of my life is partly the hormones but also to share how far I've come in my life. I've gone from this unhappy teenager who had such little self confidence in herself to this wife of an amazing man, and a mother of 3 of the most adorable kids ever possible (I'm biased). Over the last two weeks I keep finding myself in the most odd places (at lunch at Chipotle for one) getting teary-eyed when looking at my family. I was so lucky to have found my soul mate and then was blessed again with my beautiful little girls. Then 2 weeks ago, God blessed me again with this amazing little baby boy. I think all along, as it is written, that he had a plan for me. Everything that I went through, good and bad, made me the person I am today.

Perhaps all of this is too much information but as I said, the hormones have made me one sappy mommy! I just felt like sharing how happy I am, I want to shout it from the rooftops!! Oh and I will stress that I was this happy before Mason came along, but he completes our family that I never thought was incomplete until he arrived.

I made a blog book for the 2009 year and thought this would be a nice post to have in my 2010 book so my kids can look back when they are older and see how happy they made me. I apologize if I have bored you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment